- Do not take any medications that have expired.
- Do not mix different medications in the same vial or bottle.
- Do not take medications that belong to other people.
- Before you take a medication, read the label carefully and follow the instructions when taking the medication.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any concerns or questions about any medications.
- You might not see immediate results. Some medications may take a longer time than others before you see the effects, so please be patient. Do not stop taking medications without talking to your doctor.
- Do not change the dosage of your medication without talking to your doctor.
- Store medications in a place that cannot be reached by children and pets.
- Do not take medications with unidentified or unapproved ingredients.
- If you experience any symptoms of an allergic reaction (e.g. rash, swelling or shortness of breath) stop taking the medication and notify your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Content provided by Kent Ling, Pharmacist
Based on recommendations by Registered Pharmacist, Kent Ling, this resource highlights the importance of medication.